Call for 2021 Artist In Residence
Artist In Residence 2021
Oyster Point Hotel
146 Bodman Place
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Submission Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Artist In Residence
Eligibility: Open to New Jersey Residents only
About the Artist In Residence (AIR) Program
With the Artist in Residence Program at the Oyster Point Hotel we invite artists to exhibit their work in the Hotel guest rooms for a period of one year. Benefits to the artists include:
- A minimum of a one-month long exhibition in the public gallery spaces of the Hotel.
- Printing the artist’s name on the front window of the Hotel for the duration of the year.
- Including the artist’s work in the online Art Store at the Oyster Point Hotel.
- Having the work seen during private tours of the guest rooms conducted by the Oyster Point Curator.
- Production of a sales brochure.
- Promotion on all social media outlets of the Oyster Point Hotel.
- Press release distribution.
Types of Work Accepted
Two-dimensional work only. This includes gallery-wrapped original paintings on canvas, original paintings on wood cradles, framed photographs, framed prints, collage, multi-media, framed drawings, digitally-created work displayed as prints, and wall sculpture no deeper than 2”. We will require 30 pieces from each artist.
Sizes from 18”H x 26”W to 36”H x 55”W are acceptable.
Submitted work must be available for the duration of 2021. The Oyster Point Hotel will retain a 30% commission of the purchase price on all works sold during the year. If any artwork is commissioned from the AIR, the Oyster Point Hotel will retain 40% of the commissioned price.
Accepted work must be firmly wired, prepared for hanging, and professionally presented. Prints and photographs must be under Plexiglas. No sawtooth hangers; no sandwich frames. Each piece will be hung with a security hook.
File Submission Information
- File format: JPEG or JPG only
- File dimensions:1200 pixels or greater on the longest side.
- File size:under 5 MB
- File title: Last Name_First Name_Title_Media_Size (h x w) Price
- Submit 5 – 10 jpegs of your work
June 1 – September 30, 2020: Submission period*
October 12, 2020: Notification by email
Early January 2021: Delivery of Artwork to the Oyster Point Hotel
Delivery date – December 31, 2021: Work Exhibited in Guest Rooms
TBA: Opening Reception
December 31, 2021: Pick up of work by Artist
*Submit correctly titled jpegs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statements and other documentation will be required upon acceptance of the AIR.
Delivery of accepted artwork: Delivery or shipping to the Oyster Point is the responsibility of the artist. Works will be hung by the Oyster Point staff. Pick up is the responsibility of the artist.
Liability Works will be insured for the duration of the exhibition from time of arrival at the Oyster Point Hotel until pick up to the extent of 60% of the artist’s stated retail value.
Legal Agreement A contract will be signed upon acceptance of the Artist In Residence.